Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May 26, 2009

I am very happy to report my hair is starting to come in a little bit more! I still do not feel the greatest. My allergies have been in over drive & I don't think my sinuses can take much more. My Great Uncle Noonie, Andrew Jones, passed away last Friday. Unfortunately I do not feel well enough to make it to the viewing tonight & the funeral is tomorrow. Lima is such a long drive even when I am at 100% but it seems especially long when I am not at my best. I sent flowers and our condolences I hope the family will understand.

Marc was not feeling to good most of the weekend either & by this morning he was so sick he could not go to work. It just kept getting worse, he ended up at Urgent Care by midday. They put him on a Z-pack & a few other things. He had Brandon drive them home, Brandon is already out of school for the summer. Katie still has one more exam to turn in.

The Tooth Fairy made her second visit to Zack last weekend. He came to our bedroom & told me his tooth was loose & next thing I new 1 little wiggle & he was handing me the tooth.

While fighting the allergies Marc decided to go ahead & open the pool this weekend. it was getting to the point that it was pond more than pool. Brandon said he pulled a frog out of it. After some motivation from my cousin Amber, Marc decided it was warm enough out to go ahead & start up the pool. The water on the other had was not so warm though according to the kids.

Brandon had a good time at Tiffany's on Monday he was there from 10:30am & got home about 8pm. He has grown up so fast, I told Marc he is almost all grown up. I took him to get his driving permit last week. The week before he passed the written test but his Birth Certificate had the wrong last name on it so we had to go get it fixed only to find out that his social security card cut off the last 4 letters of his 2nd middle name. It seemed like the odds were against him to get his permit but we did finally get it.



Zack was excited all week waiting to go to the Park for a few hours with Misty & he was wired for sound when she brought him back home. The weather was hot & they went out to eat twice & the Dollar store so he was in heaven. The weather was great even though we did not feel the best we took advantage of it & got out for a ride. Unfortunately the weather did not stay on our side on the way home...Maybe this explains why Marc is so sick?

6 comments:

Aunt Lynn said...

Hi Sandi,
Sorry you all aren't feeling well, I'm praying you all get better soon. Geez, talk about a mini me! The picture of you & Zack is too cute. I am seeing Marc in him more & more as he grows. Hopefully you'll have better weather for a ride soon. Kids have to be the bravest to jump in cold water, I remember we were all the same way couldn't wait to start swimming & would lie through our teeth saying no it's not too bad but, the sun will warm it up fairly quick. We're doing fine just wishing for some not so rainy days. You all get better soon & I love you!
Aunt Lynn

Debra said...

My condolences on the death of your uncle.

On a happier note, you look absolutely wonderful! I love your hair. The style really suits you. Maybe you should keep it short.
;-)

Hope you and hubs get to feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Yaaaay!! The pool is ready for me to come visit! Good job Marc! I knew ya had it in ya! lol
Your hair looks absolutely fabulous by the way!!! I can't wait to come see you guys!!!
<3
Amber

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi!

I hope you are feeling better soon!

You look GREAT! Your hair looks great too! I'm waiting for warmer weather to come to the pool!
Tell everyone Hello!~ Can't wait to get together.
Paufsdl (that's my name with Jordan helping me type:)

Paula

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Sorry to hear that you are feeling well and that Marc wasn't feeling well. You look fabulous!! Hope that you all take care and we will see you soon. Hugs, Kisses Betty Lorraine

Unknown said...

hi honey,i am sorry i have not got to talk to you lately. last weekend was the last day of school,with field trips or specials everyday that week, out of school at one. went to the church to help decorate for danielles wedding. saturday at ten-thirty was her wedding with a luncheon.sunday, brittany graduated at two.i started cooking at twelve-thirty to be ready for her reception at five.teachers meeting at nine on monday and all those days just ran together. your hair is absolutely beautiful. you look like aunt eileen with it short.katies hair color is great on her. what day does she leave for her dads?brandons girlfriend is so pretty.paige looked very lady like for her dance. i hope zach knows what a great mom he has and he sure looks like you too.we miss you guys so much maybe i can get down to your house some time this month.i am looking for a job so that will make a difference. i love you very much.have a good evening. love, aunt bonnie

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!