Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Monday, March 30, 2009

April 5, 2009


I am so behind on posting. I originally wrote a post for last Monday but I did not get it finished so here it is edited & updates with the last weeks worth of info. I went back to work Monday & it felt great! Dorene & Rebbecca cleaned up my cubicle & evacuated all the dust bunnies. They hung up balloons, streamers & a welcome back sign. There were also Bagels with flavored cream cheese from Panera, fruit & juice. My Supervisor Jeff even baked some brownies! Everyone was great & so supportive, they all have been through this. I am very thankful to have such a good support system.

Here are Brandon & Katie's school pictures we got to preview.

I got more good news as the week went on, I am in the April 1, 2009 graduating class from the Community College of The Air Force, WooHoo, it seems like I have been working to get my degree from them forever. Tiffany, Brandon's girlfriend sent me a picture of her Prom dress & it is stunning. This will be Brandon's first Prom & he is pretty excited to be going with her. We took him over at 10AM last Sunday so he could spend the day with her, plus her family was able to get to know him a little better. He flew out Saturday morning to New Jersey to spend the week with Marc's brother & his family. Sounds like they have a very fun time planned for him.

I was really surprised to find that I felt very good even at the end of each day. Going back to work Monday was a huge step in my road to recovery. Unfortunately I was supposed to go to the hospital twice this week after work & get more labs drawn but I forgot all about it. I will say that it's nice to have a 42 day break in between my chemotherapy treatments. I don't anticipate any negative side effects with this round of Chemo but anything is possible it is only the second cycle of 8 so well see. I was told if I would have any besides my immune system & platelet counts dropping they should manifest between the second & the third week.

I also went down to the base & made up my April Drill Thursday & Friday so it has been a very busy week. I am sure my entries will get less & less on this Blog as time goes on. From this point forward I feel obligated to let you all know I will only use this Blog for medical updates on my condition. This Blog has been such an instrumental part of my coping, healing & therapy so it is with deep regret that I may have to shut it down soon. It saddens me a little because you have all shared my family & my experiences good & bad with me this whole time & I could not have got through it without you all. Not that I am out of the woods yet but we are so much closer.

I am sure many of you are confused as to why I will be shutting it down. Unfortunately there has been too much scrutiny by someone who reads to much into my life & is not supportive of me or my recovery as this Blog was intended to do. They demand attention & will never stop. I am done dealing with them but they won't stop obsessing about me. I have never been fake or cared what others think my actions should be so I am not about to start now. I will not allow the sharing of my experience through these difficult times to be sabotaged & tainted by another's negativity.

For those of you that are interested in keeping up with me & my family as a whole please send me your e-mail address to sandittie1@yahoo.com. I am in the process of trying to create a new Blog on our family life that will have restricted access.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
You look so fabulous!! I am so happy that you are doing OK, keep on fighting, Love and Kisses Betty Lorraine
P.S can't wait to see you this fall

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful girl! Yaaaaay!! <3 Amber

Aunt Lynn said...

Hi sandi,
You do look great!! You can see it in your face how happy you are to be back at work. I'm happy for you! Brandon & Katies took good pics, my school pics never looked that good! Now, if you have to tie a string on your finger you can't be forgeting about your medical appointments even though you are feeling better they are still important. Sandi, you have to do what's best for you & your family so no worries all that are truely concerned & caring will email you to stay in touch. You keep your head up & stay the strong woman that you are!! I love you all very much.

Aunt Lynn

Debra said...

I am so glad you had a great first day back at work. If you move your blog, please give me a shout on Facebook or on my blog. I would like to continue to following you. Can you lock this one down?

Unknown said...

hi honey, you look great and i know you have to be thrilled to be working again.the pictures are great.i think that is katies best picture ever.she is so beautiful and is looking so grown up. i hope everyone is well. brandon seems to really like this girl.i will be anxious to see prom pics. it is to bad that you have to close your sight down .to bad people cant just stop bothering you. we all love you very much.love aunt bonnie

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!