Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Thursday, March 5, 2009

March 5, 2009

My sister had her baby the morning of March 2nd before she was scheduled to be induced so I am the very proud Aunt of Copper Elizabeth Conrad. I can't wait to see the pictures. Her birthday will be pretty easy to remember because it is the same day as my nephew Loudon on Marc's side of the family.

Marc took me to my Dr. yesterday for my monthly check up. It went very well. My Dr. took me off of the Neuroten since it does not seem to be helping with the night sweats. My energy level is steadily increasing which is a good thing because last month I was wiped out & she was very concerned about that. My pain level has decreased for the most part. I tried to work out with Tony Little on Tuesday morning & I think my muscles went into shock because they have been very sore ever since. I talked to my Dr about my weight gain & she told me not to be so hard on myself about it, that it took 10 months to put it on & it is going to take at least that long to take it back off. My muscles have deteriorated quiet a bit from being so lethargic all the time. Tuesday was the most action they have seen in a long time so no wonder they are screaming.

Here are my Lab Updates:
Day----WBC----ANC--------Hgb--------PLT---- Transfusions
12 Feb---163-----3.1----1810---------10.3---------257------------N/A
17 Feb---168-----2.3----1400----------9.4---------246------------N/A
20 Feb---171-----3.1----2200----------9.4---------177------------N/A
24 Feb---175-----2.4----1800---------10.5----------97------------N/A
27 Feb---178-----1.8-----800---------10.4----------93------------N/A
4 Mar---183-----1.6------90---------11.3----------78------------N/A

I will be down at the base today & tomorrow to make up the March drill weekend. My immune system is at 90 so I have to do my drills when there is not a lot of people around until all of my treatments are done & my immune system is normal again That will probably be until around October or November. My Dr. scheduled me for my next cycle of Maintenance Chemo which is going to be March 23 through March 27. We discussed my return to work at my civilian employer on March 30th. It will initially be part time & work its way back to full time. Unless there are any unexpected illnesses or issues that should be a go.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandi, please let Sharon know that I think Copper Elizabeth is one of the most beautiful names I have ever heard...thanks, Misty

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!! I rounded up 7 people to donate for you! 4 of them were complete strangers! I love you!
Amber <3

Debra said...

Congrats on the new baby! Sounds like you are doing well. I am really glad to hear that!

Aunt Lynn said...

Hi Sandi,
I'm glad Sharon had her new baby without any issues. I thought she was having a boy?? I also know how the people reading those things can be wrong also. I'm so happy you're feeling better & hope it stays that way. Take care & don't over do it. I love you all!
Aunt Lynn

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new baby and that is a beautiful baby name. I am glad to hear that you are feeling well, and I hope that you stay that way. Take care, Hugs and kisses Betty Lorraine

Unknown said...

hi sweetie, i am so glad to get to write you.steve's computer got very ill and we have been down for days. scott finally got it fixed.i love the name copper elizabeth, it is beautiful.i got word that day.i have not been on line to sharon yet either.i am glad you are feeling better.it sounds like zack,katie and you had a fun evening. i hope brandon and paige had a good time at their grandparents.ihope all things are getting better at the house.we love all you guys bunches.love aunt bonnie

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!