Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Sunday, March 1, 2009

March 1, 2009


I am feeling much better than I was a few days back. The sinus pressure is all gone & the congestion has all pretty much went away except for a little bit in the mornings.

Marc has both of our bikes taken apart to get them ready for the riding season. It is probably a good thing it has been so cold out & we can't ride. We took our carbs in to have them re-jetted & he has to get new lines to fit his ape hangers that he did not put on last year. I am surprised he waited so close to riding season to do this but with me being sick he has been a bit pre-occupied.

Friday night after we did our taxes Marc & I made it up to Marysville for our friend Ruthie's retirement party. We had a really good time. I even sang a little bit of redneck woman & danced to the cha cha cha song before we left. Saturday Brandon & Paige went to their Grandparents house to see their Aunt Wendy who is up visiting. I took Zack & Katie to Walmart. Katie got another game for her DS & a movie set with the rest of her gift cards & Zack got the movie Gremlins, he loved it. Katie's last Manga book she ordered over a month ago just arrived in the mail this morning so she was really happy.

I am anxiously awaiting news to see if I am a new Aunt again. My sisters due date was over a week ago & now it looks as if she will be induced on Tuesday if she does not pop it out before then.

I will not pick up my Friday lab reports until I go in tomorrow to have more labs drawn. I feel pretty good for the most part I know my platelets were dropping last week but they were not so low that I needed an infusion. I am scheduled to go to the Dr. on the 4th. I will have to wait & see what she says but I am hoping she is ready to seriously consider letting me go back to work at least part time for now & see how I tolerate that. I think I am ready!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better, I was worried with the cold that you had if you would have to go back to the hospital, but I am glad that you didn't!! and Congrats on the new baby!! I hope that you are feeling better and that we will see you soon, take care Love and Kisses Betty

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi!

I am glad to hear you are feeling better:)! I hope it stays away! Hopefully Ang and I will be able to get down there soon.

Talk to you soon!
Paula

Aunt Lynn said...

Hi Sandi,
I'm so glad to read you're feeling better & ready to work at least part time, that's awsome!! I have been ill, somekind of virus that seems to want to hang on. I've had it for 3 weeks now, I'm ready for it to be over! You keep it up Babe, tell everyone I said hi & I love you all.
Aunt Lynn

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!