Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March 11, 2009


Here are my Lab Updates:
Day----WBC----ANC--------Hgb--------PLT---- Transfusions
20 Feb---171-----3.1----2200----------9.4---------177------------N/A
24 Feb---175-----2.4----1800---------10.5----------97------------N/A
27 Feb---178-----1.8-----800---------10.4----------93------------N/A
4 Mar---183-----1.6------90---------11.3----------78------------N/A
6 Mar---185-----1.4------80---------11.3---------120------------N/A
10 Mar---189-----Pending


I do not have my labs from yesterday but I know something is of concern because the James cancer Hospital called me & put me back on the Avelox & Fluconazol.And you thought you had a drug problem!

I feel pretty good for the most part. I have had some trouble with my outer thighs. I severely bruised both of them when my platelets were really low in the beginning of this cancer fiasco. They stayed bruised all the way through my hospitalized treatment. They would fluctuate between a dark purple & black color. The bruises have pretty much gone away but I have slightly discolored skin where the bruises used to be. I do not know if this is ever going to go away but I hope so. I've been having trouble when I exercise both legs it is very painful in those areas, which in turn causes me to not walk very well. I backed off of the exercise thinking maybe I pulled a muscle or something but the other day I was on the trampoline with the kids for a couple of minutes literally & when I hopped off it the pain in my thighs was so intense my knees buckled & I went straight to the ground. It scared the hell out of me. The pain slowly subsided but I can't figure out what the problem is with them.

Over the weekend we all had a blast. Marc still has his motorcycle apart in the garage. The weather was so nice except for the wind, I rode up to Indian Lake & back. Zack decided that he is no longer afraid of the motorcycles & he wants to ride so I took him for a very short one around town, he loves it. We went & got him his own helmet so he can ride with us this summer. He holds on real good but Marc has a better seat on his with a backrest that Zack can hold onto. Marc is going to try to find a way to mount handles on it as well, we'll see. It was too cute when we were pulling into the driveway he said no not here, he wanted to keep going. We ended up getting Zack a full-face helmet just to be safe & it fits him a lot better. He insisted on the green Mohawk. The weather was so nice all of the kids had fun outside playing & chalking up the driveway with Zack.Brandon helped Marc in the garage he is moving everything around & throwing stuff away left & right. He made 2 trips to the donation center & he took more of Misty's stuff over to her. Every year he gets into a garage clean up mode when the weather starts to get nice. He is turning the small side of the garage into his motorcycle area. So he is really into cleaning it up out there. I think it is busy work to keep him from smoking. He is on the Chantex & he is doing real good. They went smoke free at his work so he really did not have much of a choice. I am very proud of him. On a side note today is my sisters birthday so Happy Birthday Sharon! Copper is finally home to stay we hope. Her color was too yellow so she had to go back in the hospital for an extra day. Sharon said she is eating good & forgot just how much a baby sleeps. Sierra is doing good as well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
Great to hear that you got out some this weekend!! You look great!!
Sorry to hear that they are putting you back on some of the meds, but maybe it is just a precaution, I pray that is what it is. Really love Zack attacks helmet, a green mohawk!! Love it
Take care and I was glad to see the update!! Hugs and Kisses Betty Lorraine

Anonymous said...

And way to go Marc for quitting smoking!! Thats great!!

Aunt Lynn said...

Hi Sandi,
I hope the meds they put you back on is just to be safe. I'm glad you guys had some nice weather to enjoy we've had another blizzard and it's as cold as can be. I'm really ready for spring. Zack is too funny, but what a cool helmet, hope the mohawk doesn't go flying or that's just for not riding fun. Hope they figure out what's going on with your leg muscles. Take care Babe, we'll talk soon. I love you all!!

Debra said...

What an awesome helmet! I am glad you felt well enough for a little ride. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi!

Good job to Marc for quitting. I ate a two pound bag of M and M's the first two days I quit! He can do it. Tell him I'm cheering him on!

Hopefully we will be getting together Saturday at noon in Marysville? Angie and I are meeting at my church to ride together.

Tell everyone Hi!
Talk to ya soon
Paula

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!