Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Tuesday, February 3, 2009

February 3, 2009

Yes, Zack got a white day yesterday to those that were wondering. You just never know with him , he keeps us on our toes. Marc & I went to Parent's night last night it was a little delayed because the Basketball game went into overtime. I did not want Paige to be upset but I was not comfortable being around all those people coughing & sneezing so I asked Marc to take me home. This was probably a good thing because I got a call from the school today Paige threw up & was not feeling well so i had to go up to the school & get her. I wore my mask just in case. After I got her home & talked to her it sounds like she is going through a hairy situation with some other girls at school & not feeling good on top of it made it worse. It's tough being a teenager & kids are mean these days. I am hoping she feels better soon & it is nothing serious. My counts were up yesterday but I also quit the Neupogen shots so they could drop as quickly as they rose, well see tomorrow.

I did not wake up with a headache today so maybe it was the shots. I have felt weird all day though. My mind seems a little behind my actions, & I am more fatigued then I was yesterday & I haven't done anything. Even though I am tired I feel like I am doing better. I have been sitting going through paperwork & receipts trying to get ready to do our taxes, fun fun! Other than that there is nothing else to tell except this. When Marc got home yesterday he pulled up my blog & busted out laughing at my picture, he said it was because of the way I was smiling & not showing my teeth, he's got one coming for that. The picture really was kinda like "BLAM" when you pull up the Blog. Oh well if you can't laugh at yourself you got bigger problems than me! I am in for lounging the rest of the evening. I will be posting late tomorrow or on Thursday depending on how I feel since tomorrow we have #5 Bone Marrow Biopsy. We will be at the hospital pretty much all day because I have to wait a few hours to see my Dr. in the afternoon & she may order another CAT Scan. So that's it for now...


The 445 Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron is hosting a Blood Drive in honor of MSgt. Sandi Golden-Vest on Saturday, Feb 7, 2009 from 8:00am-1:00pm.

Site: American Legion Post 526
526 Legion Lane
Fairborn, OH 45324
Site phone: 878-3831

Contact on Arrival: Major Kimm Sandusky (1-513-678-2715 ) MSgt Joseph
Drake (George Copfer, Post Commander )

While you are waiting you can become a Bone Marrow Donor as well, no appointment is necessary for this & there is no cost associated becoming a registered Bone Marrow Donor on this date at this location.

Beginning registration for the blood drive is 8:00am. Appointments are recommended; blood donors are asked to make an appointment by going to our website: www.donortime.com click on Find a Drive and use sponsor code: 986 Last Registration: 12:50pm
***Community Blood Center will provide juice and cookies and a t-shirt to all
blood donors.

2 comments:

Aunt Lynn said...

Hi Sandi,
I hope Paige wasn't upset with you for leaving, I'm sure you made the right decision. Sorry she's not feeling well, hope she gets better soon. YEA!!! for Zack, way to go!!! Hopefully your counts won't drop too much on you. I will be thinking about you tomorrow, as usual, & Ill be with you in spirit. Glad you had relief from the headaches & you rest as much as you need to and post when you feel like it. Stay strong, I love you.
Aunt Lynn

Unknown said...

hi honey, i hope today has not been to rough on you. i also hope all the numbers are perfect from your test.hopefully paige will feel better. kids can be so mean,it would be nice if we could make them understand how awful it feels and to be kind to each other.rest tonight. we love you.love,aunt bonnie

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!