Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Sunday, February 1, 2009

February 1, 2009

I woke up with a headache again today. I have been back on the Neupogen shots since Friday night, Marc seems to think that is what is causing the headaches. I don't remember the shots doing that in the past but I don't remember a lot of things here lately. It seemed to subside a little after lunch so that is an improvement from yesterday. I go get labs again tomorrow & hopefully the Neupogen shots worked & my Neutraphil count is up.

Zack came in this morning & laid in bed with me & watched TV for a little bit.

I went & had a manicure & a pedicure done back in September right after I found out I had Leukemia. I had to get my gel tip finger nails removed since I was going to be in the hospital & have y oxygen saturation's monitored for so long & the pedicure was just because I wanted one. I only bring this up because I have not painted my toenails since. Marc was so sweet today & painted my toenails for me. It was great because I have felt so unfeminine for so long with no hair, it was just what I needed today, happy feet.

I guess it got pretty warm today, I didn't go outside. A good part of the snow started to melt only to reveal not quiet an inch of ice coating the driveway. Marc said he was worried that I would fall on the ice trying to get to the car in the driveway so I could go to the hospital. Brandon & Marc spent a large part of the afternoon trying to get the ice off.

Paige spent the night at Olivia's & will not be home until halftime. Brandon is going with Marc to the Columbus Clubhouse to watch the Super Bowl until halftime. Katie & Zack are home with me & we have the house to ourselves for a few hours tonight.

The 445 Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron is hosting a Blood Drive in honor of MSgt. Sandi Golden-Vest on Saturday, Feb 7, 2009 from 8:00am-1:00pm.

Site: American Legion Post 526
526 Legion Lane
Fairborn, OH 45324
Site phone: 878-3831

Contact on Arrival: Major Kimm Sandusky (1-513-678-2715 ) MSgt Joseph
Drake (George Copfer, Post Commander )

While you are waiting you can become a Bone Marrow Donor as well, no appointment is necessary for this & there is no cost associated becoming a registered Bone Marrow Donor on this date at this location.

Beginning registration for the blood drive is 8:00am. Appointments are recommended; blood donors are asked to make an appointment by going to our website: www.donortime.com click on Find a Drive and use sponsor code: 986 Last Registration: 12:50pm
***Community Blood Center will provide juice and cookies and a t-shirt to all
blood donors.

3 comments:

Aunt Lynn said...

Hi Sandi,
I hope you're feeling better today. I'm with Marc about the ice be very carful, I've fallen enough this year for both of us on the ice. I was wondering if you're drinking plenty of water still? If you're not, that could be a source of headaches too. We watched the game next door, it was a good time. What a guy Marc is for painting your toenails for you and might I say what a good job too. You & Zack look like twins laying in the bed. I'm praying you have a better day & good numbers today. I'll give you a call this evening, I love you.
Aunt Lynn

Ann said...

Love, love, love the polish color! Hope those headaches go away ASAP. Neupogen can cause headaches and low grade fever. I never got the headaches, but always ran a slight fever. It made for many manic calls to my doctor and a few unnecessary trips to the ER.

Anonymous said...

HI Sandi!

I am happy to hear you are feeling better! Love the toes!
Talk to you soon!
Paula

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!