Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Tuesday, September 16, 2008

September 16, 2008

I received 2 platelet transfusions today bringing my count up to 42. I also had an EKG & a resting heart stress test (they called it something that starts with an M) to establish my baseline, I will have another one after the chemo treatments to see if it alters my heart. They said my heart looks good & my chest X ray was good also. All in all it was a pretty boring day, I am currently on Oxycodone to help reduce the pain from the Bone Marrow Biopsy. Tomorrow should be interesting, I should get the results from the Biopsy, find out what Clinical Trial I will be in & start Chemotherapy. We will see if this happens, everything is subject to change.

Cody Linder came to visit me tonight, we had a good visit. I was not sure how I would feel about visits but I must admit it really lifted my spirits & took my mind off of things. I had Marc stay home tonight & be with the kids. The lack of sleep is catching up with him so hopefully he will go to bed early. Paige has her first home cheer leading game tomorrow as long as the schools open back up, I told Marcus to go to the game & take some pictures for me. I hope for Misty's sake they open the schools back up, I am sure the kids are driving her crazy by now. Marcus said the Internet is still down oat the house so I am glad I have the Wifi in my room.

My dinner was horrible tonight mushroom soup, peas & some nasty looking noodle crap, Marc did not want to tell me Misty cooked a ham & mashed potatoes I am so jealous, my primary care attendant felt so bad I wasn't eating he went & made me a grilled cheese & tomato soup, it was good just like grandma used to make I know if nothing else I could eat that every day. OK I am outta stuff to say so I will let you all know what's happening tomorrow.

Sandi

6 comments:

Grace/Betsey said...

Hi there Sweetie!!!
I'm glad you updated the blog, it's nice to know what your day is like, boring and all!!
Not much going on around here, there is only a small section of town that doesn't have power. I haven't heard about the schools yet.
Paul is coming over after work...everything there is going well, we're just working through the quarks that come with a new relationship but it's all good.
I imagine the Oxy's have you pretty knocked out, I called tonight but you were probalby sleeping.
Sweet dreams tonight....
You are in my prayers, all day tomorrow!!
Grace

Aunt Lynn said...

I wish I had a small portion of the courage that you display Sandi. I also know anyone that can survive growing up with Elaine can survive anything...just know I love you and people you don't even know are praying for you everywhere. I will call you one of these evenings. And, I hope evetyone comes to visit cause I can't. Take care babe, love you too much!!!!

Pixie said...

We love you! Everyone here in roundtown says... Hey! Happy to hear you had a nice visit. Will be up to see ya ASAP.

bluetew said...

We made it through Day II of the workshop. I could here your comments in my head from the last class! We, of course, got behind schedule without you and will have to try to catch up next time! I pray for good news from your test results today and that your family gets to return to more normaly life with internet and school after the storm's interruption. It will be cool when they have the internet back and you have to be in your room with wifi. I always enjoyed instant messaging my kids when I had to be on the road with my old job. We also used to play type racer on my space and that was a lot of fun. Take care! ~tonya

ben&tam said...

good to hear from you sandi..
we think so much about you and the things you are going to have to face. but knowing the strong will you have .i know you will come out stronger and wiser for it. hoping you are feeling better after you biopsy. (those are soooooooooo painful) we will be there soon to visit.. i wanted to let you get settled in and the first few days are always the craziest. so we will be there soon.. and take care of yourself.. and girl if you want someone to come up and shave your head for you.. bennie says .. oh yeah he will (hehehe) love ya
later ben & tam

Ruth Gerding said...

Sandi,

Here's praying your results are better than you expect. In such a hospital, shouldn't they be making food to order, even if it is grilled cheese. Thanks for the updates. Maintain your winning attitude and we'll keep in touch.

Ruth Gerding

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!