Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Wednesday, September 24, 2008

September 23, 2008

The Lasix was a success from yesterday they weighed me in at 173 pounds, I lost over 10 pounds during the night in water weight alone. I needed that even though it was a royal pain to be peeing every 15 minutes.

No blood products are needed today! My White Blood Cell Count is down to 1.6, but my hemoglobin is 11.1 & my platelets are 17 so I do not need an infusion yet, I don't get it unless it drops below 10. They are watching my Phosphorous levels now, they went from 3.4 to 6.1 so I am on 2 new horse pills 3x per day. They don't want my kidneys to shut down. My peripheral line was really hurting in my wrist last night, so I finally asked them to take it out. As much as I hate being stuck it was just to painful. Hopefully the PICC Line will do the job & they will not need to put in anymore lines or stick me. Sharon my Creatinine is .58, I get a copy of my labs every morning.

The Docs got our FMLA paperwork & my disability paperwork completed today. Marcus will turn his in tomorrow, I will need to get mine up to ODH. I still have not talked to Doc Ellis with the Med Squadron at the base yet to see what this does to me with the military. I guess I am nervous to know the answer still.

Kim came up last night, My head was hurting a little so I chickened out of shaving it, as much as I don't want it to fall out I don't want to shave it either, a crappy catch 22, either way it is coming off. Kim & I ate Misty's Humming Bird cake, those of you who have never had it, your missing out, it is really good. Marcus is supposed to be picking up our puppy tomorrow, I know Donnie is probably ready to give them all away. It should be interesting in the house, it has been so long since we have had a dog, but I thought it would be a good distraction for the kids & we have all been missing Coral for way to long.

They gave me an oxycodone in the afternoon for my back pain, it is the bed I think the middle is just wore out or something & I am not used to sleeping like this. Not to mention I get woke up about every other hour for blood draws & vitals or to hang a new bag. My Bastard IV machine is the loudest on the floor I swear.

Paige has a game Wednesday so Marcus won't be back up until Thursday I think. I guess Misty has not been feeling well & Zack was a grumpy butt. I am going to call the London Academy today to see how Brandon & Katie are doing on their school work since I have not seen their grades yet. Other than that there is not to much happening.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Babe, I',m up doing laundry and trying to get the entry in order. The paint really looks great, you will have o let me know soonly (my word) where you want the plants that are outside. They are not doing great because of the cold nights. The corn plant looks like it has been in the field to long and the aloe plant looks like I need to give it a burn treatment instead of the other way around. I hope this finds you as well as can e expected and that you are in good spirits. I haven't heard from Eric for over two weeks, go figure so I have no idea how Esme is doing. My sister Ruth Ann called me on Friday night ( sorry, I forgot to tell you) and her ex was killed or killed himself a few days ago. I told her she hated him anyway so why all the tears !!!!! Needless to say it is sad and I feel sorry for her and the boys.OK Babe, I have to figure out something for dinner that does not make me sick to my stomach to cook. Here's my love, Misty

ben&tam said...

sandi,
great to hear the lasix is working.
water weight is the pits.. i had 150 lbs of water weight when i was pregers with katrina.. (toxemia) and it sucks.. i think i lost 40 lbs of water in one night after she was born.. (hehe) good to hear you are doing so well.. (keep your hair maybe it wont fall out.) you never know.. well gotta go clean talk to ya later . tam

Anonymous said...

Hey there Sandi.....I'm readin' and readin' this blog and I am glad you're keepin' up your spirits...if you need me to stop up at OSU to pick up your FMLA forms, just let me know..it's the least I can do.....thinking of you daily....take care, Kiddo..you got it goin' on. 387-1132 AC

Aunt Lynn said...

He there Mama,
So glad to hear you won't need any blood today. I know too well how it is to be stuck over & over!!! It's shocking the hell out of me that I've only got 22lbs on you!!!! Hard to believe isn't it but I'm at 195 now and feeling great!!! I wish I could come home to see you & let everyone see me too. Well, you keep that hair as long as you want to but do have some fun with it when you do shave it because it is just hair & it will grow back!! I may try to give you a call this evening. Take care, Love & miss you!!

Niki said...

Sandi,
It was awesome seeing you today! Anne and I had a great time! Like I said, I'll be bugging you almost daily beginning next week. I'm 2 bldgs away, so you won't be able to get rid of me easily! Get ready for your foot massage...

Unknown said...

hi dear,i am glad to read that you lost some water weight.maybe it will make you a little more comfortable.i hope branden and katie are doing okay at the academy.you maybe one of the lucky ones that don't lose their hair.if it needs to be cut short eventually, no problem ,cause you always look good with that style too.think about all the time.love aunt bonnie

Grace/Betsey said...

Good Morning Sandi...........
I hope you slept well, did you inquire about an egg crate matress topper? It might really help you get comfortable, hopefully, all this stuff isn't an issue for much longer!!
I'm planning on coming to see you tomorrow around lunch time, again, let me know what you'd like to have for lunch, something special!!
Not much going on, I worked 12 hours yesterday, it was a long day. Paul came over last night for a bit, I think he is getting sick, I hope not! I'm going to stop over and see Misty and the kids today after work, see if there is anything I can help with.
I'll call you later today, let me know if you need me to bring you anything.
Love you!
Betsey

Anonymous said...

Hi Babe, nothing from you this morninh, I hope that you are ok, translated that "means as well as can be expected." Well, we got "Spike" last night, he really is a cute little thing. This morning I took him out while Kate found her shoes. He proceeded to climb up my housecoat and wouldn't come out...it was cold this morning and the little thing was shivering. Brandon put him in the cage in the garage when he left for school......I just went out and freed him from that damned thing.....he is now cuddled up close to the computer under my feet...it's warm there. Marcus is going to be so mad at me, but I will take him outside every hour to make sure the carpets in the house are not destroyed.The kids are great, Kate is finally speaking to me again since I told her this morning that I could cook eggs for her again. Zack actually ate eggs and toast this morning. He informed me last night that Mommy's get kisses and Grandma likes hugs. I told him that Grandma's like kisses to but he was relentless....so no kiss for Grandma at bedtime last night. Brandon is still coughing but he feels better now. Paige is Paige "cheering throughout the house!!! ha.....to be 14 again !!! OK, so now "Spike is curled up and asleep next to the computer thing under the desk, poor baby, I'm sure he misses his brothers and sisters to cuddle with and keep warm. He was awake at midnight last night and Brandon put him in bed with him....Brandon said this morning that he was afraid to move . OK Sweetheart, got to go, load the dishwasher and go get milk. I will talk to you soonly....Much Love, Misty

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!