Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Sunday, September 21, 2008

September 20, 2008

Marcus braved the traffic for the first OSU home game of the season to come see me today. They already had the streets closed off at 9:00 AM but he made it through somehow. He keeps spoiling me too by stopping down in the Lobby at the Cheryl Cookie store on his way up to my room. This morning it was raspberry muffins & a pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese icing. As if my swelling from all the fluids is not enough I am going to be big as a house.

We had a good visit but the game had started so I sent him to the clubhouse to watch it. I know he would of sat with me but he needs to get away & take some time for himself too.

Misty told me the color I picked out for the foyer & stairwell is turning out beautiful, Jan Wolverton & her crew are paining it for me, I had it planned before all this happened so I cannot wait to see what it looks like when its finished. I will finally be able to hang the pictures up in the stairwell.

I fell asleep halfway through the OSU game & woke up to see they won it but it sure wasn't pretty. It is going to be a long season this year I think. The rest of my night didn't go much better. I had a had time getting comfortable, I am so bloated from the fluids That it makes my upper abdomen hurt real bad no matter how I sit or lay. The Dr.s did cut back some of the fluids in half except the Chemo. Tonight we have Cytarabine 24/7 only for Chemo so that may help with this bloating & pain since the other 2 chemo drugs are done until the next go round, we will see.

My Dad is supposed to come up & see me from Lima tomorrow, he hates hospitals, understandably so - my mother died in one a long time ago so I do not know how he is going to handle seeing me like this. MSgt Drake & his wife are also planning on coming up sometime tomorrow afternoon as well. I am looking forward to both of these visits.

My hemoglobin has started to drop so they are watching that, I may have to get some infused later tonight or tomorrow we shall see. They said my levels would start dropping with the Chemo.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom,
Sorry i started to cry. i tried to keep it in as much as possible. But i couldn't hold it in. I hope that you are doing okay. Zack has been a little roudy but that is how Zacky is going to handle all of this. Grandma is doing good too.
Oh your stairway looks so beautiful... well i am going t otry to call you sometime.

I Love You So Much And I Hope You Get Better,
Paigey

Anonymous said...

Hi Babe, taking the kids to the libery this morning. I hemmed a pair of Zacks' little jeans this morning. Just doing laundry and going to the store this morning. As you well know trying to find things for lunch for Zacky is a challenge. Friday I sent pudding and apple sause with him.....but only one spoon....he came home and told me he threw the apple sause away because he had only one spoon. Needless to say I will now send two spoons !!!! Everyone is fine, oh no they are not....Brandon has Strept again. Hummingbird cake is on the way tomorrow.....enjoy your day with your Dad....Much Love....Misty

ben&tam said...

hey sandi..
bennie and i will be up to see you sometime today or this evening, dont want to interfear with your dads visit . so we will wait a while.. so glad you get to spend the day with your dad.. tell him hey for us.. have a great day and we will see you soon.. ben & tam

Anonymous said...

hey sandi,
hey girl hows it goign??
good with me i just get a little bored. and i cant wait to see your reaction wwhen you get spike.
well i will come and see u l8tr.
o yeah i statred to cry reading your blog.well with much love
paige#2

Anonymous said...

Hey woman, Hope you are feeling better today. We had fun at the clubhouse watching the game. Marc enjoyed himself, but was sleepy. Just wanted to say hey!!!!
Love ya!!Mandy and Cecil

Unknown said...

hi honey i hope you and your dad had a nice visit.i hope to see you soon .jessica talked to katie for a few minutes today ,i hope that helped her day. we love you very much. keep your chin up.love aunt bonnie and uncle steve,jessica scott and emmitt ,too!

ben&tam said...

hey gal.
sorry we didnt make it up today.. we have had company all day,hope you had a great visit with your dad.. we will get there soon.. ben and tam

Unknown said...

Dear Sandi,
Just wanted you to know I'll be gettin on the whole scrub suit thing. Gonna give blood in the morning. As soon as Lauren (my #2) gets better I'll be there. Don't want to bring you any special germs you don't need. Love you,
Chanie

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!