Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Friday, November 21, 2008

November 21, 2008



It was super cold out this morning, I did not like going out to the hospital first thing with my big bald head even with a hat on it was freezing. My labs were...
Date------Day----WBC----ANC--------Hgb--------PLT---- Transfusions
10 Nov------69-----8.8-------8200-------9.3---------74----------N/A
13 Nov------72-----0.5----------0---------9.2---------22----------N/A
17 Nov------76-----0.7----------0---------7.9---------03-------1 Unit P
19 Nov------78----26.9------14,000------8.3---------11---------1 Unit P
21 Nov------80-----12-------9,300------7.9---------55---------1 Unit B

So far my ANC has not dropped enough to be alarmed without the neupogen shots. My Platelets are holding well from the infusion on Wednesday. My Hemaglobin went down a little & I went ahead & got an infusion of blood since I am still having the shortness of breath. I didn't have my camera with me for any blood infusion pictures, your all bummed I am sure...

This weekend has a lot going on. Our Chapter of Missing Link is hosting a big OSU vs Michigan party. It is sure to be a good time. I am making taco dip & Marc will be up at the crack of dawn to start smoking chickens. There should be lots of good food & a great time with friends. I am happy my counts are up & I do not have to wear a mask for a change.

Zack had another rough day at school, he did not go to the principals office but according to him he kicked the same kid he was in trouble with the last time...I don't know what I am going to do with this boy.


Last night I fixed homemade Mac & Cheese that turned out really good according to everyone but Katie. I though I put chicken tenders in the oven but it turned out to be catfish needless to say that part of dinner was a disaster. Misty is supposed to cook breakfast for dinner tonight!


Katie will be going to a Birthday Party sleep over.
Brandon is at Wrestling. Marc is out at the club house unclogging a drain. The rest of us are chilling out at the house.

2 comments:

Aunt Lynn said...

Hey Sandi,
Nice to hear your counts are holding without those shots, but what if they would drop without you knowing....don't you think you need to wear the mask as a precaution since you're gonna be around so many people this weekend, please consider it. Sounds to me like Zack is going to teach a little boy not to mess with him, I can't imagine that he would kick him for no reason.Might be worse than a kick next time!! Well, I hope you all have a safe & great weekend, Dennis says hello & we love you all.
Aunt Lynn

Unknown said...

hi honey, i hope you all have a good time at the party sounds like you will be eating well.it sounds like there is a definite problem with zach and that kid.i know zach may have a strong will(wonder where he got that..lol),but it sounds like he is reacting to something that kid is doing.talk to the teacher and see if she can watch closer to see if the other kid is doing something first.i always blamed scott first and sometimes it was not his fault
i found out later.as teachers we try to watch and be fair,but sometimes there are ones that fool us and the kid that is usually loud(ZACH AND SCOTT)get blamed right away.your counts look good hope they stay put.love you bunches.love, aunt bonnie

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!