Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Friday, November 14, 2008

Novemeber 13, 2008

Date------Day----WBC----ANC--------Hgb--------PLT---- Transfusions
7 Nov------66-----5.9-------5400--------9.3--------128----------N/A
8 Nov------67-----6.4-------6000--------9.0--------109----------N/A
10 Nov------69-----8.8-------8200-------9.3---------74----------N/A
13 Nov------72-----0.5----------0-------9.2---------22----------N/A

I went to the Madison County Hospital Chemo Lab for my blood work & PICC care. Sue my RN, is going out of town to Michigan for the weekend so I may need to go to the James if I end up needing anything. They called me 5 times yesterday to check on me & to stress how careful I need to be. My labs dropped drastically, I was hoping the neupogen shots would work their magic & provide a little immunity, as you can see above with my ANC (Absolute Neutraphil Count) I literally have no immune system defenses. I never dropped this low, even when I was in the hospital for a month. I will find out where I am going tomorrow for Platelets. I suspect at the rate I am dropping I will have 0 Platelets by tomorrow.

Marc & I had parent teacher conferences with Zack's teacher, I masked up & off we went. He is doing real well academically but struggles with the listening, talking to much & taking his time. He always tries to rush through everything & be the first to get it done. I wonder where he gets that from...

Physically, my eyes are still messed up & I I think they are starting to over compensate for the blurriness a little. I notice that I am constantly fatigued to the point of being lethargic, but I am not sleepy. I have really cut back on doing anything so I know that I am not pushing my body to this point but it is just there. If that is not enough my meds have really been making me on edge/irritable, more so than what I have been, last night & tonight it has been real bad it comes & goes just like the sweats, cold chills & the hot flashes. I cannot wait for my counts to recover so I can get off of them. Everyone is walking on eggshells around me & I feel like I have no control over anything. This is probably the most difficult because those of you who know me, know how much of a control freak I am. It just really sucks. I guess I am in the thick of the battle right now, some days I swear it is trying to break me but at the same time it makes me want to beat it that much more. I just want things to be normal again...

2 comments:

Aunt Lynn said...

Hi Sandi, I'm sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. But, honestly....it sounds like me!! And, mine is all hormonal so I'm wondering if it is wiping out all your hoemones as well as everything else. God help them all who mess with a hormonal female!!! You will get through this Sandi, just keep your defenses up with no immune sysytem now. Hoping you have better days ahead since you've wipped out the immune system it should start on it's way back up now....Take care babe, I love you!!
Aunt Lynn

Unknown said...

hi sweetie, what a drop in your numbers.if you need platelets maybe they will keep you a couple days to get your meds ,eyes, and tiredness all looked after.i am so sorry everything seems so messed up right now. i love you. you are a tough lady you can beat this thing.better days are ahead.love, aunt bonnie

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!