Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Thursday, December 18, 2008

December 18, 2008


7 Days until Christmas!

Date------Day----WBC----ANC--------Hgb--------PLT---- Transfusions
3 Dec------92----5.0------4,400-------9.5--------183------------N/A
4 Dec------93----4.4------3,800-------9.2--------196------------N/A
5 Dec------94----3.5------3,400-------9.3--------170------------N/A
6 Dec------95----3.9----Unknown----9.9--------175------------N/A
8 Dec------97----2.9------2,600------9.8--------106------------N/A
11 Dec-----100---0.3----------0-------9.1----------31--------------N/A
15 Dec-----104---0.4----------0-------7.8-----------2-------1 Unit Platelet
16 Dec-----105---0.4----------0-------7.3---------3--1 Blood & 1 Platelet
17 Dec-----106---0.6--------168-------9.0-----------1-----1 Unit Platelet
18 Dec-----107---1.3---------90-------8.5-----------2-----1 Unit Platelet

When I updated the Blog yesterday I was so tired I did not see the comment from Jenny Goldberg at OCSEA Headquarters that posted under the Dec 16th Blog. I went to my Blog Dashboard to start writing today's blog when I noticed that her comment was added. I was so surprised when I read it, This past week I have been so out of it, its a wonder I get anything posted on my Blog. I apologise now for all the spelling & grammatical errors. I reread my Blog sometimes & catch them but they are already posted & read so its to late to fix them.

Jenny I don't know what to say other than it is amazing that OCSEA is willing to do a Blood drive in my honor, I will try to get a hold of you today. We got rid of our house phone a few months back & we only use our cellphone now. I am sending a letter to Aetna with my donor numbers attached to it to see if they will apply a discount for 23 of the infusions. I still need Blood & Platelet infusions, this week it has been daily, I am up to 39 total if you count today's infusion. I am a firm believer that you never take more than you need & when you can give back do it. I have 23 people that have sent me their Donor ID Numbers since I have been diagnosed and several other people have told me they have donated blood as well. I still want people to donate in my honor when possible because I cannot donate myself. It is important to me that for every unit I can say that someone replaced it for me & if we could double or triple the amount I use it is even better. When I was a flight medic with the Air Force & an avid Blood Donor before I got sick I knew it was important to donate blood but I never really realized just how important these blood products are until my life was literally hanging on by a thread with a hemoglobin of 4 & my Platelets at 14 back on September 3, 2008. Those 6 units of blood & platelets I received kept me alive, today it's the infusions & treatment coupled with everyones prayers & support.


I go in this morning to see Sue,my RN at Madison County Hospital, before she even drew my labs this morning she ordered the platelets ASAP, both of my legs & feet are now covered in petechiae rash, along with all the other bruises & sores. She was very concerned when I told her my Platelets were less than 2 yesterday, she said what would happen if I didn't have any. So far the only place I have blood oozing from that I know of is my mouth & my nose only does it if I sneeze or blow it. She had the Highway Patrol called to go & pick up the Platelets & bring them back, I asked her why & she said otherwise we have to wait on the Red Cross to bring it out in their van & that takes a lot longer, the Highway Patrol can drive a lot faster. I did not know that they did this.

Here are the pictures of the petechiae rash on my legs & feet. Don't be making fun of my toe nails. I haven't painted them since I was admitted to the James the first go round back in September.


There was an anonymous comment left on the Blog about contacting the Credit Union with regard to my Leukemia Fund account, I did contact them today & they said there was no problems, the way I have it posted on this Blog is correct. If you choose to send in a donation for me through the State of Ohio Credit Union please follow the directions listed under Donate, they said they spoke with a caller about this today & that the most important part is ensuring you have my name spelled correctly on the check. I have recognised everyone under contributors that has donated so if you do not see your name there please let me know so I can correct this & contact the Credit Union. My e-mail is sandittie1@yahoo.com if you need to get a hold of me.

Zack woke up happy this morning but was being kinda rotten before he left for school so I was hoping that he got a white day today & thank goodness he was all smiles when he got of the bus (he had a white day)! He has been ornery as heck tonight singing love stinks into a basting brush.


Marc helped Misty out in the kitchen & later during dinner a laundry conversation went all bad.

I was finally able to make it out to pick up the parent's night photo we had taken a couple of months ago.


All of the kids start their Christmas Break Friday night! We are taking them out to the Clubhouse for a Christmas Party, I think they will have a real good time.

2 comments:

Aunt Lynn said...

Hi Sandi,
I just got home from shooting pool & we got our butt's kicked...my team sucks!! We would do pretty good I think if my guys wouldn't drink so much but I gurss that's part of the fun. I hope the blood products help the rash & bruises go away as well as stop your gums from bleeding. I am very happy that Zack attack had a white day!! And, I think most people are fluent in typonese so I wouldn't worry about errors, I'm sure many of us do the same so please put away the spell checker and all that, ok. I need to go to bed, I'm up way past my bedtime & have to get up and go to work in a few hours but I wanted to check in on you and as always let you know you are always in my thoughts & prayers. I love you!!
Aunt Lynn

Unknown said...

hi honey,i hope you are feeling better after you got your infusion.the rash and brusies look bad i hope you feel better. the party sounds like fun for all of you.i'm sorry i did not right last night ,we are half and half between houses.i am here at weird hours.we love you .have a good afternoon.love,aunt bonnie

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!