Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Thursday, December 4, 2008

December 4, 2008

In case you missed my update yesterday, I have been moved to a private room at the James. I am still on the 8th floor, but I am now in room 833. The phone number to my room is (614) 293-5559.
Zack made this sign for me & Paige took the picture of him with it! I Love my Zack too!
These pictures were taken last week at the house before I had to come back in for Chemo.

Date------Day----WBC----ANC--------Hgb--------PLT---- Transfusions
21 Nov------80-----12-----9,300-------7.9---------55---------1 Unit B
24 Nov------83----5.1-----2,200------10.1--------179-------------N/A
28 Nov------87----2.2-----1,500-------9.9---------286------------N/A
1 Dec------90----3.4------2,270------10.0--------255------------N/A
2 Dec------91----4.0------3,500------10.5--------250------------N/A
3 Dec------92----5.0------4,400-------9.5--------183------------N/A
4 Dec------93----4.4------3,800-------9.2--------196------------N/A
My Nurse Practitioner was able to get me my ANC counts so I added them in for the week.

Marcus came up to see me last night, we had a wonderful visit. I felt pretty good considering,so I had subs & bread sticks delivered from Adriatico's for us, the hospital food has been terrible lately so it was a nice change. It was so good but I am sure we will both pay for the garlic. Marc brought me my camera so I got all the pictures posted today from Thanksgiving, Christmas decorating prior to my admission & Misty with the kids at the old Fashioned Christmas in downtown London. They are underneath this post for your viewing pleasure. My Dr came in while Marc was here so he was able to get his FMLA paperwork renewed on the spot, that worked out well for him. My Dr is still very pleased with the way I am progressing so far!

They started my third dose of Chemo at 10pm last night so I am halfway through this round of Consolidation. I must say though that I did not sleep very well at all last night, I remember looking at the clock at 3am & tossing the towel in. They have had me on constant IV fluids to flood my kidneys so the Chemo does not fry them. So I am constantly up & going to the rest room. My night sweats stay pretty constant but last night I think they were the worst yet. My bed has the plastic pillows with a thin pillow case on them that seem to make it worse when I sweat. I think I will try to wrap the pillows in cotton blankets tonight to see if that helps, well see. I did get about 3 hours of sleep off & on after that. My sinus cavity is really stuffy this morning so my Nurse Practitioner ordered me some Clariten to try to help with that.She is also working on my disability extension paperwork today as well. I go down to 50% in about another week I believe. I knew this was coming but I am still not ready for it.

Paige took this picture of me goofing off last week when I took Spike out to potty, you can see him in left hand corner.

Congrats to my Cousin Bill Booher on the new addition to the family!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mistHi sweetheart, I look at these photos and thank how lucky we are....the kids are happy, you are happy, even
thought you are going through all of this stuff....Zack is just happy to have everyone happy and I just relish the fact that I can be a part of it. Not to many people can show their pictures to the world and have everyone smiling....just goes to show you how these wonderful people handle diversity...you are one lucky little girl.......Much love, Misty

Aunt Lynn said...

Hi Sandi,
What a sweetie Zack is!!! I remeber you when you were his age & you were just as sweet. I can't help but see you as a child everytime I look at Zack. It looks like you numbers are holding well for now, good!! It looked like everyone had fun putting the tree up, what a pretty tree as well as all the decorations at your house. We don't go that far with it, it would just be work for me to do...lol Glad you had a nice visit with Marc & he was able to get the paperwork done he needed. Well, I'm off to shoot pool tonight. I think I'd rather stay home it is so cold here tonight, wind chill is putting us -5 tonight & the wind will cut you like a knife...brrrr Well, hope you have a good evening, I love you!!
Aunt Lynn

Unknown said...

hi honey,the pictures of thanksgiving and christmas were great. aunt lynn is so right,zach looks so much like you. every time i see his face,i can see your face.he actually is getting to look more like you each day.katie is looking so much older and like an adult. wow.tell brandon and paige they are growing up so fast.your decorations are beautiful,inside and out.your numbers look good ,i hope the rest of your week goes as well.i sent a message to bill congratulating him on his new boy.i hope he sends me his name.i love you,love,aunt bonnie

Caroline said...

I am sending you many many blessings! You are a warrior!!!

XO,

Caroline

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!