Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Monday, December 1, 2008

December 1, 2008


Things have not went as they were planned today. I forced myself out of bed this morning after a very restless night. My night sweats keep getting worse & I just could not get comfortable. I tossed & turned all night which in turn kept Marcus up most of the night as well.

Marc did not go to work today so he could take me to the hospital. When I called the hospital to make sure my room was ready, I ended up being on hold for about an hour only to find out that I was bumped to a December 2nd admission date. Marcus was furious, he started going off in the background. I told the lady I never was informed of the change & I had no way to get up to the hospital tomorrow, it was an ugly mess. She told me they would work it out & get me a room within the next couple of hours, so Marc loaded my stuff up & we went to Columbus. I had a few things I needed to get for the kids so I figured we could get those then some lunch & they would have my room ready by then...yeah right. At 3:30pm we still did not get a call from the hospital so I called them at that point they said they should have a room but they still did not know for sure when that would be. We headed back to London.

By the time we got back home all the kids were home from school except for Zack. Brandon pulled a muscle at his Wrestling Scrimmage on Saturday so he did not go to Wrestling practice. When Zack got home from school he was so excited he had a White day at school (no trouble) & he was going to the Old Fashioned Christmas in Downtown London for a Sleigh ride & to see Santa. Misty ended up taking all of the kids around 5pm. She is brave I will give her that. it was wet, cold, snowy & getting dark.

At 6:00pm the hospital called, they had a room ready & by 6:37pm Marc had me at the Hospital. I was hoping if they got me in quick enough I could still get my Chemo started today & be out by Saturday. My personal Dr is working the floor this week & when she came in Marc let her have it & she apologised profusely for the confusion. She did her examination & pushed to get my labs so she could cut my Chemo Orders.

So here I am back in Camp Chemo only this time I am on the 8th Floor of the James (there are no rooms open on the 10th floor) in Room 842B, my room phone # is 614-293-5913. Marcus & I had dinner & then he headed home, the roads were not that great on the way in & I am sure as the temperature drops tonight they are going to get worse.

It is 9:43pm & they still have not started my Chemo so I do not know how this is going to work out for this weekend. I had hoped to attend my Squadrons Christmas Party at Wright Patterson Saturday Night, however at the rate I am going I will still be in the Hospital.

Paige took my Camera with her tonight to get pictures so I will not be able to update our holiday pictures until I get the Camera back.

3 comments:

Aunt Lynn said...

Hi Sandi,
Sorry to hear they don't have their shit together for you this time but hopefully it will all work out. Stay strong & calm and you'll make it through this round too. I'll be praying that they all get their poop in a group and get you out of there as soon as possible. I'll give you a call Wednesday evening, I love you!!
Aunt Lynn

Anonymous said...

Hi Babe, It's 3 AM and I can't sleep so thought I would drop you a little line or two. Marcus didn't tell me you were getting a room last night or I would have said goodbye. When I saw you loading up the truck with your stuff he said that was so you wouldn't have to worry about it this morning.....oh well....bye bye will see you over the weekend hopefully. Zackery had a wonderful time last night, he was oblivious to the cold....the rest of us were not !!!! While we were waiting on the horse and buggy ride at the park he was running around ( in the dark I might add ) eating donuts, cookies, popcorn and drinking hot chocolate and being his usual little social self to everyone, I swear that child has never meet a stranger....I was right beside him the entire time. He talked to Santa and Mrs Clause was there reading stories to the kids that were in line...when Santa asked Zack what he wanted for Christmas, Zackery replied, " I don't know yet, you asked me to quick." Then the horses showed up, we were in that park about an hour and fifteen minutes. The ride took us all the way to South Main street where they dumped us off and we either had to get BACK in line there or walk all the way back to Cowling Park!!!! I don't think so....I told the driver that the paper didn't tell me that part and that we were freezing and I have asthma and could not walk that far, so he let us cut the line and we got right back on the carriage and he took us back to the park. Zackery had a ball....the camera battery ran down so Paige could not get to many pictures. We did get a few though. Once we got back to the park he looked at the reindeer ( the penguins, they didn't make it from the zoo I'm afraid ). When I told Zack we had to go, he didn't put up any fight at all so I knew the little thing was cold, tired and hungry. We stopped at Burger King and the kids ate, Brandon didn't eat a thing Sandi, just thought I would let you know....you can take it from there. Anyway, got his pj's on and he crawled in bed with me to watch Grinch, I scratched his back and he fell asleep....Marc carried him into his bed when he got home. So, there's a play by play of what your little boy did last night. I hope today is not as aggravating for you and the damned doctors get on the ball and do what they are supposed to do...you know we love you...take it easy and obey the doctors orders please, I know that not an easy thing for you to do....taking orders I mean..LOL..be good and I will blog you later !!! Much Love, Misty

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweet Pea..........
I just left a comment on your Facebook page, didn't realize you didn't get to the hospital until late last night.......man, I'm glad I didn't fight the weather and drive down!! I'd been looking for your everywhere!!! :)

My day wasn't so great either yesterday, although compared to yours it's all pretty irrelevent. I got my pre-d packet and was very upset. My hearing is this Thursay. Then a bunch of stuff got screwed up with the Dad and I Christmas Event. The UMA cut 5 guys from my list because they had not been at MaCI for 6 months. The criteria states they have to be RIB free for 6 months, so, since they haven't been there six months, they are not elegible. UGH!!!!!!!!!!! That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard! Punish them because they haven't been in prison long enough!! SOOOOOO, I was so upset by that point I took all the Dad and I paperwork, PO's, attendence rosters, time line and everything and gave it to the UMA and said "I'm done" and threw the Pre D packet on her desk. As long as this crap keeps going on I'm done. Then I proceeded to break out in a crying fit!! OH yes, it was quite the scene!! But of course, this morning when I get to work, I'll go get it all and pick up where I left off. I won't let the guys and their kids down, not because I'm mad at the institution.

Did you see the Governor's latest budget cuts!! I think this one might be really ugly! I'm scared. I pray that I get that position up at MCI...it's in medical and is under a legal decree to have these positions so I know I'd be safe there. But, only God knows what the deal is, I'll just wait.

Well, with all that babbling and putting all my crap out on your blog I guess I'd better get another cup of coffee and start thinking about work.

Love you and will see you later!!
Betz (Grace)

PS...I cant remember my password!!

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!