Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Thursday, January 15, 2009

January 15, 2009



Here are today's labs:
Date------Day----WBC----ANC--------Hgb--------PLT---- Transfusions
2 Jan-----122-----2.7-----1400------10.1-----------193--------------N/A
4 Jan-----124----4.4------2640------10.0-----------225--------------N/A
5 Jan-----125----2.9------1380-------9.9-----------214--------------N/A
6 Jan-----126----6.8------6100------10.1-----------203--------------N/A
8 Jan-----128----3.9------3800-------8.6-----------181--------------N/A
9 Jan-----129----3.9------3800-------8.7-----------163--------------N/A
12 Jan----132----0.7-------448-------9.5-----------117--------------N/A
15 Jan---135-----0.3------0------7.9------------35--------------N/A

My counts are in the bottoms as you can see. I will be getting a Blood infusion tomorrow only 22 days between this one & the last one. I am so much weaker this go round. I knew it was coming because I had a rough time the last round but I did not expect to be this wore out all the time.

It is amazing in the past I have never had any trouble making a decision or staying busy & now I cannot make even the simplest decision, for example what do you want to eat. When placed in that position it totally confuses me & chaos ensues as I lose all rationality. Nuts I tell ya, I am sure it is the medicine I am on & at some point once I am off of it, I will go back to normal. I know this but it still does not make it any easier.

Today I took Brandon to the BMV to get his permit, well needless to say because of his citations last year we had to go to the main BMV on Broad Street. When we got there they tried to send us to another location on Alum Creek to \get his license reinstated so we turned around & headed for home. We got sidetracked & ended up shopping for a little bit in Hillard, we got some lunch at Chipolte & then came home. (I remembered to get Marc some this time) Brandon & I had a good afternoon together.He will be 18 in a little over a year it is crazy how fast he has grown up just in the last year. I plan to take Katie & Paige out one day next week if I can get to feeling better. They all need to have their own time.

My second day at the base was not as smooth as the first. Work wise that was easy enough but I just felt bad. Looking at my counts today now I know why. I would have never went in if I had known my counts were going to drop that fast. I was having more vision problems & just felt outside myself all day. The weather ended up getting so nasty yesterday they let me leave the base early, about 3pm, to get home.I was grateful because I was really struggling the last hour. It took forever with all the snow, ice & slush on the roads. I thought for sure the kids would not have had school today due to weather but instead they ended up with a 2 hour delay.

Zack has been doing wonderful, which has really surprised me. I expected quite a bit of trouble going back to school from Christmas break, me being in the hospital & Misty moving out. He has been just the opposite though. Everyday has been a white day at school & he has been listening a lot better at home & helping out more when you ask him. He is also reading so good. I just can't get over how tall he is getting, he is still a chunky monkey but his face is starting to get a little longer like Marc's.

Beth, thank you for your donation to my Leukemia fund & your words of encouragement & Support. I am about a week behind on my e-mails so I have not had a chance to get back with all of you. The Spaghetti Benefit is coming up & anyone that wants the flyer for it let me know & I will e-mail it to you. We all plan to be there as long as my counts are back up by then.

I found this picture today, this was taken not to long before we found out I was sick I look so different there I think it is a good picture.


Benefit Scheduled for January 24, 2008
Many of you who know me may remember I used to be on the Board & the Treasurer for the London Assembly #208 Rainbow Girls when Katie & Paige were in Rainbow. I was contacted by Mom Wendy Hall, Mother Advisor from The London Assembly #208 Rainbow Girls & they are holding a Spaghetti Dinner Benefit for me on January 24th from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm at the Chandler Lodge located at 65 North Main Street, London Ohio. The Menu will be Spaghetti, sauce with meatballs, bread & butter, salad with dressing & a drink for $5.00. Desserts will be available for a donation & you can dine in or carryout is available. If you would like any information please contact Keith Hall @ 614-302-0431or airforcekeith@sbcglobal.net

2 comments:

Aunt Lynn said...

Hi Sandi,
Man I wish you didn't have to travel in the weather by yourself. Sorry you guys are facing so much trying to get Brandon his DL. Yea for Zack!!!! And, I have news for you, that pic, you don't look that different. You have make up on but you still look like you so get those negative views out of your brain, ok. Hopefully if you need to go home from work because you're not feeling well they will understand that too. You keep your head up girl, stay strong and as always you know I love you.
Aunt Lynn

Unknown said...

hi honey, i sure am glad they let you start home early. the driving on those kind of days is tedious even when you feel rested and well. i hope brandon doesn't have a bunch of problems getting his license because of his past problems.if he listens and is a good driver, that could help you out when you have 4 kids needing to be in 4 different places.it sounds like zach likes the home life now and it is showing at school.it probably is more settled for him knowing when you will be there and having dad at home with him when you have to be in the hospital. grandparents and aunts and uncles are nice, but kids want there mom and dads.you will feel better once you get your "joy juice" today.it will rev you back up! you are doing a fantastic job fighting this,you're doing great and you will be better soon. you can do it! i love you bunches.love,aunt bonnie p.s. stay in out of the cold air ,sorry can't help it the bossy side had to say it lol.

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!