Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Saturday, October 11, 2008

October 10, 2008




All my hopes of getting out this weekend were dashed away with my lab report today. It seems my neutraphils never went from 100 to 360 they went from 100 to 36. This is a huge difference that makes absolutely no sense to me. I have no understanding how my White Blood Cell count went up & my neutraphil count went down. Needless to say I did not find this out until about 4pm in the afternoon when my Nurse Practitioner came in, my Dr. never told me the Neutraphil numbers on my board were wrong so here I am thinking I am doing good & I should be going home Friday or Saturday & now who knows when so I was & still am extremely pissed off. For the record this was not from my walk because my lab numbers for today (blood was drawn at 5:30 am the morning after my walk) were hemoglobin went from 9.9 to 9.6, my Hct went from 28.3 to 27.6, my White Blood Cell count is holding at 1.2, my platelets went from 64 to 150 & my neutraphils went from 36 to 75 which is still a hell of a long way from 500.


Earlier in the afternoon I was going to go out for a walk it looked so nice out & I was going nuts waiting on the lab reports, hell maybe I could try to make it to Canal Winchester or Worthington but as fate would have it Hedi Mercer showed up outta the blue. She used to be in the 445th AES at Wright Patterson AFB with me. We visited for quite awhile she brought me some chapstick, lotion, a pretty fall pumpkin doll & a mothers legacy book to work on. We talked about old times & what were doing now. It was a nice break but reality smacked me in the face shortly after she left. I swear it feels like I am never going to get outta here.

I missed my first London MLMC Meeting tonight that was tough & tomorrow is a Carnival ride I had been looking forward to. I am starting to feel so outta touch with everything. I guess Zack was all excited when Marc went to pick him up from the park he thought I would be home but I wasn't. He even cleaned his own room. I guess all the kids had really been helping pitch in cleaning the past 2 days thinking I would be home & now everyone is bummed out. This just sucks!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hI bABE, NOW THAT i HAVE MY COMPUTER AND CAN FIGURE OUT what some of buttons are for I looked up your kind of leukemia....I was very surprised that over 11 thousand people every year gets this.I'm so sorry that you are not getting released today. I know you were really looking forward to coming home. Nothing new here, thank God !!! An uneventful day is sometimes a blessing. I am fixing cinnamon rolls for the kids for breakfact if they ever decide to wake up....You are not going to believe their rooms....they moved everything around in both of them...they look really great !!! I stayed up until 0200 this morning finishing another book. Brooke was still here at 12:30 when I went to the kitchen for water....she had called her sister to come after her but for some reason the sister was realllly slow so I took her home since I was awake anyway. Brandon was a little nervous since I can't see in the dark..ha ha...I think he was really happy when we arrived back home safely. Well Babe, got to go doing whites this morning, Marcus is getting ready to go on his run and Zack has run into my room to tell me that Spike pooped in the dining room....ha ha...never ends !!! Much Love, Misty ( I just cleaned that dining room floor yesterday)...oh well such is life....

Unknown said...

hi honey, there are no words that can console how upsetting ,pissed and sad this has made you.do they have any explanation why the numbers are not doing what we want? maybe today will bring better counts.the kids miss you a lot and this will not make them happy either.how long will this dr. that is not your favorite going to be be on duty? we all wish we could make this easier for you.i love you.love ,aunt bonnie

Aunt Lynn said...

Sandi, I'm so sorry it didn't work out so you could go home for the weekend! Your doctor is pissing me off by not keeping you correctly informed!! It makes me want to make a phone call to the hospital and let the bitch know how inaddiquit she is being!! I'm sure my spelling is wrong on that.... oh well!! I know how much it meant to you to be at the meeting and the ride but you can make it through this and have many more rides & meetings. You & Marcus need to get ahold of the depeartment head and let them know this bitch is not doing her job!! OMG...It's a good thing I'm not in Ohio right now, I'd probably end up thrown out of the hospital & put in jail!! Well, I'm praying that you have better results over the weekend so you can get away from this BITCH!!!! Try to stay positive for your sake, I love you too much!!

Sketch said...

Yeah Sandy, I got word about you from the unit the other day. I'm sorry to hear it. I know you will make it through as tough as it is because you have always been one to handle anything. Maybe when you get better we can get a group of us from the unit and ride sometime. I know they have tried to do something like that in the past. Sounds like it could be fun. I have been following your blog for a couple of days now and I like being able to get updates. I appreciate you doing it for those of us who can't be there. John

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!