Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October 7, 2008

Another late morning, I can't decide if I have not had the energy or is it the will power to get up like I was before. I keep hoping if I sleep late it will boost my counts more.

My hemoglobin went from 10.3 to 10, my Hct went from 29.2 to 28.3, my White Blood Cells went from .7 to .9 and my platelets are holding at 14 without an infusion. My neutralphils went from 70 to 100. I need the neutraphils to go up to 500 to be released from the hospital. They said this is possible by this weekend but only time will tell. We have to wait & see if my body will cooperate.

Kim brought her Paige (Thing 1, our Paige is Thing 2) up to see me & she brought me a DOG, a big dog! It takes up the whole chair.



Kim had her girlfriend at work make me the scarlet & gray hat/scarf set. That will be nice as the weather gets colder. We went down to Wendy's & Paige bought me an M & M chocolate frosty. It was really good but I could not eat it all so I gave the rest back to Paige.


Marcus seemed in better spirits on the phone tonight & he took Spike into the prison with him for the first time, he started doggie day care/training. Marc said he sleeps in the car on the way in & on the way home. Misty is still sick, she needs to rest so she can get better, the kids have gotten so used to her doing things around the house, they expect her do them now & are not doing their chores like they should be. We need to fix that, Marcus has been so distracted with me in the hospital & I am not there to help so the kids are really pushing it to the limits.
Hopefully I will be outta here soon so things can get back to normal soon, that is whatever normal is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi babe, I am talking to you on my computer...so exciting....Brandon put your blog on it this morning. This damned thing has so many buttons I am afraid to use it, Brandon told me this morning that he would teach me what the buttons were for when he has time. It has a battery so I can use it anywhere, I am so excited about this....I need to have someone show me e-mail so that I can stay in contact with everyone. I'm so sorry your numbersw are not coming up as fast as we both want.....but they will !!!! Brandon packed Zack's lunch this morning, bless his heart. I heard the puppy at a little after midnight last night, his cage is under zack's bed....I guess the little sucker was lonely...anyway, I could,nt go back to sleep so I read until 0450..took another pill and crashed until 0730 when Kate woke me up ( I asked her to ). I feel a little bit better today, at least I can take a breath without coughing. I just love this stupid computer.....I am in my bedroom with no wires hooked up to it !!! dOES NOT TAKE MUCH TO MAKE ME HAPPY...HA HA HA. I keep hitting the "cap lock button"...your Mary Kay hand cream is so great..thank you so much, my hands are so horrible...of course I keep them in water...maybe that is the reason the water bill is so high...LOL....not really there was another increase in water....and if no one knows if you have gas they are looking at a 45 percent increase over the next three years...so utilities are going to kill everyone this winter....thank God we all have down bedding at this house. I so hope you get to come home this weekend...Marcus needs it, he's not the same with you not here.....to bad I never had a husbband that loved me as much as Marc loves you...kind of makes me teary eyed to think about it. Oh well, so much for that.....got to go...laundry to fold and pills to take....Much love, Misty,...

Aunt Lynn said...

Hi Sandi,
Mybe you do need the extra sleep to let that body do it's thang!! I hope Misty starts feeling better and the kids start doing their chores, for their sake. WOW...spike will be intimidated when you come home with that dog Kim brought you....lol Well, stay positive remember what your 1st doc told you about how important that is. Have you and the new doc come to a better understanding yet? I hope so for her sake...lol We all are praying for those number to come back so you can go home Sandi. I'll talk to you soon, I love you!!
Aunt Lynn

Pixie said...

Sorry..... Your body isn't cooperating as you wish yet, it will. Rest as much as possible right now, you'll need it when ya get home. I haven't been around for a few days. The "CRUD" had a hold of me. I feel a litle better!
This time of year we all try to act like it's still 80 degrees out... so we pay for it. Your bath looks good from what I seen. I'm glad you got to see Zack! Misty, hope you get to feeling better!

Hope to see ya soon!
Luv Ya Sis! Pixie & Oatmeal

Unknown said...

hi honey, it sounds like you need the extra sleep. rest and think about how nice it will be to get home.misty needs to rest ,this bug has been a bad one that hangs on.the kids need to take care of her.your puppy looks adorable.hope tomorrow is a better day for your numbers.we all love you stay strong.love you aunt bonnie

Anonymous said...

hey mom just stopping by to say hi and i love you. everything is going well here if that is what you want to call it. oh by the way i am thing 1 because i am older but its all good. well i will try to call you laterr....


Love YoU,
Paige

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!