Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Sunday, October 19, 2008

October 17 & 18, 2008

Sorry it has taken so long to update we had a very busy Friday & Saturday. Marcus took me to my 4th Bone Marrow Biopsy. They took my labs first thing & all of my counts are outstanding per my Dr. they are very pleased with my progress so far. I am so glad they changed my PICC dressing, there was a small scab on it from the last time it was cleaned that did not come off & it had been irritating my skin all week, so the Nurse got that off & it feels so much better now. They gave me adivan prior to the biopsy but I don't think it was soon enough because I did not feel the effects of it until afterwards (I was a little loopy) They also went ahead & gave me the birth control shot since my counts are up to try & stop the bleeding.

There are so many pictures from the past few days I figured it was best to put them in a slide show. I know how much it grosses some of you out but there are new pictures of the actual Biopsy process, Marc says I am sick for posting them but this post is my therapy & I am bringing everyone along that wants to know what this is all about, so I am not going to sugar coat it.

Marc's brother Eric & his wife Lindsey stopped by for a quick visit, We got to see Loudon & the new baby Esme. Then later Fiday night we went to the Circleville Pumpkin Festival. Brandon had to work & Paige went with her friend Alexis to the Football game. We took Katie & Zack & picked up Kim & 3 of their kids Samantha, Dakota & Paige. After a lengthy ride we were surrounded by the crowds. The kids had a blast there are pictures in the slide show. We ended up getting home around midnight.

Saturday was just as action packed. Marcus & I bundled up & met the club & rode to Columbus for a TDK brunch that was taking toy donations for disadvantaged children. After that Kim, Woody & I rode to Estelle's in Enon to pick up some patches & then back to the club to set up for Cooter & Puppies biker wedding. We went home to get the kids & spike for the wedding. there are some pictures of the wedding in the slide show as well it was cool I have never been to a biker wedding before.

We left early, we have to work on some issues between Brandon & Misty. My dad & Sister also called & my grandmother is in the hospital she had congestive heart failure so I will be heading up to Lima on Monday if everything goes right. While I am out of the hospital I may not update this everyday because there is not a lot going on so it may be every 2 to 3 days. So check back for updates or you can click on the archives & still leave comments for any date.

Financial contributions are coming in & we are so thankful for those. We are putting all money received into an account dedicated for my medical expenses. The medical bills have been literally coming in daily. The costs for treating leukemia are quite staggering for example every blood infusion procedure costs over $2,700 & I have had 30 to date. I do have insurance so the majority of the medical costs will be covered however there are some procedures that are not covered & this does not include my huge deductible, treatment co pays & prescriptions when put all together it all adds up very quickly. So thank you so much everyone that has sent in donations. Anyone that knows me will know that I have a hard time asking for help, I think I can do everything myself. Well I am in way over my head with this one & I cannot get through this on my own so please pass the word any donations are greatly appreciated & if you cannot donate that is ok, your support & prayers are just as needed. Thank you again! Sandi

3 comments:

Aunt Lynn said...

Hey Sandi,
I truely am glad that you post all those pics of what you are going through. I just wish I could take the pain for you!! Looks like everyone and a great time at the pumpkin festival, and congrats go to Cooter & Puppie!! That was Grandma's Birthday also. Sounds like you had action an packed couple of days & I'm glad you're feeling up to all the activity. Have fun take care & I love you all.
Aunt Lynn

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi!
Your friends at ODH were thinking of you on Saturday night - Jeff, his wife Dawn, Mita and significant other Nate, Adriana, and Susan all participated in the Light The Night Walk, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's annual evening fundraising walking campaign. We registered our team as "Walking for Sandi". We walked a mile and carried baloons in support of you. Take care - we are thinking of you!

BaldyLocks said...

EEEEK! I've never actually seen what they were doing behind me when I had my biopsies. I figured it would look pretty much like that, though.

I hope today was good to you and you are feeling well.

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!