Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Thursday, October 16, 2008

October 15, 2008

I woke up with Marcus this morning, he slept a lot better now that he knows he isn't going to hurt me, laying in the bed. I got the kids up for school & had to start getting ready myself to be at Madison County by 9:00 am for labs. I was able to get in, register & have my labs completed by 9:12 am which was outstanding. The RN that works the Chemo room is really nice, her name is Sue. She gave me her personal cell phone number & said if I needed anything to call her & she would meet me up at the hospital even if it was after hours. She called me later that afternoon with the lab results. My hemoglobin was 10.4, my White Blood Cell count was 4.2, my Platelets were 719 & my neutraphil count is now 1400. These are good numbers so I will be getting my Bone Marrow Biopsy on Friday.

I felt really good today, even went out & did a little shopping in town. When I got home Betsey was waiting on me so we went on a very short motorcycle ride out to the clubhouse. We visited with Donnie & an for a little bit & I headed back home to wait on the kids to trickle in from school.

All the interim reports are in & everyone is doing really good, even Brandon & Katie who have struggled in the past so far are both doing all C's & above so this is great. Brandon put in for a leave of absence from K-mart for the Wrestling season so we are pretty excited about that he did so well last year until his knee blew out we think if he gives as much effort state is possible but we will have to wait & see. Katie still is not interested in much except for her Animae drawings but she is coming out of her anti social shell more but it can also depend on the day. I was going to take the kids to Circleville to the Pumpkin festival tomorrow night but Marcus reminded me we have parents night at Paige's last Football game so that trip is nixed.

Marc's brother called & they could not make it over so we could see our new niece Esme because Loudon our nephew is sick. Hopefully before they head back to New jersey he is better so we can see them all. Now that my neutraphils are up I have an immune system but i still have to be very careful.

After dinner Marc & I went out to the club house to do a little clean up for Cheryl & Cooter's wedding this weekend. We took Spike with us & he was playing with the other dogs it was funny to watch him play, he was taking a little abuse but once he got mad he gave it right back to them.

My bleeding still has not stopped, they only gave me one prescription upon my discharge. Hopefully when I go back to the James they can give me the shot to stop it since my counts are up. Tomorrow I plan to relax around the house since the weather is supposed to start turning crappy (Chilly, windy & rainy).

3 comments:

Amber J said...

I love you Mamma!! And we'll see you soon! As soon as I get over this cough I've got going on, we'll be there. Maybe I can get Preston to say Rooster before we get there! He's a rotten baby, yelling AMBER at me, it sounds more like Ambu...but..we know he's yelling at me. I do believe his Papa taught him that, go figure! I love you Sandi, and I'm so glad you're home! I know the kids, Marcus, and Misty all are too. Keep gettin better! I'll keep prayin!

Aunt Lynn said...

Hi Sandi, I love those numbers...way to go!!!! Glad all the kids are doing good in school, Katie will pop out of her shell one day and then she'll be hell on wheels!!! Not sure if you remember your cousin Paula but she was like that when she was young and when she hit her late teens early 20's you couldn't shut her up, to this day you can't!!! I'm glad you all are adjusting well. Will the bone marroe biopsy tell when you have to go back in for the next round of chemo or is it already scheduled? Stay strong girly girl, I love you!!

Unknown said...

love you,aunt bonnie

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!