Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Tuesday, October 28, 2008

October 28, 2008

5 more days until I start my consolidated Chemotherapy. Tomorrow I go in for more lab draws & my PICC care. I am assuming that my counts should still be within normal limits as I am not excessively fatigued. I have been enjoying my hiatus from the hospital & all in all I feel pretty darn good. I have a little trouble getting out of bed some mornings, intermittent bone & joint pain along with twitches that creep up on me out of nowhere & the ever present night sweats is really all I can say that ails me. I would not think I had cancer if the doctors were not telling me that I do.

I have been trying to create my slide show with pictures from the Missing Link Halloween Party but for some reason Photo Bucket is not cooperating today. I have made it 3 times but it will not save it. So I am going to post the one I made for the Missing Link Website on here for now until I can get mine to work.

Paige went to her Cheer leading bonfire in stead of the Missing Link party & she said it was fun. Brandon,Katie & Zack went with us to the Missing Link Halloween Bash & they loved it. Brandon helped his dad set up our section of woods for the Hayride & once it got dark he was a monster. Katie was a semi goth chick but everyone was teasing her that she looked like Boy George, needless to say she did not like that. We tried to get to her to do some face painting on the little kids, I even bribed her with money but she would not do it. She ended up spending the night over at Katrina & Becka's afterwards. Zack was in awe of everything. There must have been over 70 kids that came not counting parents & he had a blast. He played all of the games & even bobbed for an apple & got one. He did the potato sack race with his dad & they both fell. On the Hay ride he kept pulling his hood down over his face when he would get scared. But he was not too scared because he rode through the haunted woods 3 more times. They all had a really good time.

I really loved my Orange Hair, the kids could spot me from a mile away!

Spike is really loving me being at home. When he is not on my lap, he is under my feet. He has been doing pretty well with the potty training. Every time I take him out he takes care of business right away. I am thankful for that especially since it is 31 degrees outside today.

Paige's fall Cheer leading Banquet is tonight so we have to go to that. Paula Parker came out to the house to visit me today. It was nice to visit outside of the hospital for a change. If I am up for it we plan to meet up with her & some other friends from ORW for dinner mid November in Marysville.

There really has not been to much going on. I finally completed my Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course that I have been taking online. I plan to start on my Course 14 which is the Senior Non Commissioned Officer Academy correspondence course next week while I am in the hospital if my Chemo Brain does not kick in. I figure since I can't do my job maybe I can work on some of this other stuff I was putting off because of work.

Spike is laying here on my lap as I type this snoring away. It must be nice to be a dog...no worries

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hi honey, i'm glad you had such a good time at the party.it looked like fun. so , it looks like the first round did what it was suppose to do if you are doing the consolidated next time, right? i hope this next treatment goes even better and you make outstanding progress.love you bunches,tell everyone hi.love aunt bonnie

Aunt Lynn said...

Hi Sandi,
Looks like everyone had a great time. Dogs are very theraputic creatures, you should look into taking Spike in with you for your next round of chemo. They may not allow that but I'd bet he could come in for visits. I'm still praying this round goes as well or better than the 1st round. Dennis hurt his knee at work on friday & doc pulled 50cc of bloody fluid off the knee so we're going for an MRI today to find out whats torn. Hopefully nothing too serious. Take care, we love you..talk to you soon.

Niki said...

Hi Sandi! So glad to hear that you're feeling better! Keep those positive vibes flowin'!

Ruth Gerding said...

Sandi,

I loved your orange hair...Halloween allows us to become anything and people don't really get too concerned...it seems that is what we should do everyday. It also makes us laugh, which we can do enough of...looks like things are going well for you. That is awesome! I will keep you in my prayers for a full recovery, as you start another segment next week. Keep smiling.

Ruth

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!