Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Sunday, October 12, 2008

October 11, 2008

My Hemoglobin went from 9.6 to 9.8, my Hct went from 27.6 to 28.1, my White Blood Cell count went from 1.2 to 2 & my Platelets went from 150 to 283. Even though yesterday was agony I tried to be positive when I got the preliminary labs today. Again the neutraphils were a little later coming back in but earlier than the last 2 days around lunch time my Nurse Practitioner told me they went from 75 to 30. She told me they could bounce up & down that is probably what is happening however this does not make me feel any better.

I got up, made my bed, took a shower & went for a walk since it the OSU game was a home game against Purdue. Marcus told me it would be a mad house & if I was up for it maybe some decent entertainment. He went on the Carnival run & I was bored so why not.
On my way to the Horseshoe

at the shoe

leaving the shoe

The OSU Cheerleaders were warming up, the one doing the flip almost landed on his head. I was surprised because some of their male cheerleaders were pretty thick.

The Highway Patrol & Columbus SWAT Team for riot control were everywhere
It was so loud on the streets

Everywhere you looked it was a huge block/tailgate party, all the way down Lane Avenue.

I was getting hot in my OSU pajama pants pants & mid sleeve OSU shirt so I stopped at the UDF & got another Vitamin Water & headed to the shade of Mirror Lake for some quiet time. It was loud there to with all the college kids passing through the Oval to get to the game so I headed back towards the James.
The statue in front of the James

Alan showed up later with a box full of deserts from the Carnival run & we were chatting away when Marcus showed up with Zack & Paige. I was surprised because he did not call & tell me he was coming. Alan took off & I got to visit with them for awhile for some reason I was having trouble posting more pictures but I figured it out. Zack of course did not want to stay long, so I walked them out. We got to watch one of the med flights take off & Zack saw a guy in a Cowboy hat so he kept saying hi Cowboy & yeehaw. It was funny.

Zack, Marcus & Alan

Paige

Zack playing with my hat & Marcus

My 5th Child

Look at those cheeks

Paige Marcus & Zack

Me & Zack
By the time I got back to my room I was pretty tired. A nursing student changed my PICC dressing & I crashed for the night.

3 comments:

Aunt Lynn said...

Hi Sandi,
Looks like Ohio had a beautiful day to go for a walk. I was glad to hear Marcus & the kids surprised you with a visit. I'm sure that lifted your spirits even though you're stuck in that damn "Hotel" Keep that positive spirit & you'll get through this! Hope you have a good day & that your numbers get to where you need them to be. I love you!!!

Unknown said...

hi sweetie, your walk was sure interesting.i'm well and that walk would have tired me out,. i don't know how you do it ,but keep it up perseverance will win out.the pictures are precious.boy,that zack sure looks like his mommy!i hope the nice weather makes your days brighter.i wish these numbers would get where they need to be so you could go home.i hope to see you soon.love, aunt bonnie

Pixie said...

Hey Yoyo,
Happy to hear ya got out for a walk, it was beautiful. I've been stuck here at the house, still not feeling that great until today. I don't like this weather, warm or cold make it's mind up already! We will be up to see ya when I feel better. But hope we see ya at home not James. The numbers seem to be bouncing, that is what Robbies did after his first treatment. He wouldn't stay down either all the time walking, etc. He didn't get a good reading until right before his second treatment. You'll get where ya need to be. Just remember everyone is different! And you have to be one of the stubborn ones! Why do this any different. :) LOL!! You & your family are in my prayers! Robbie said to find out if ya need another "Against Dr. Orders" remedy! (He's a trouble maker!)
We Luv Ya Sis!
Pixie & Oatmeal

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!