Welcome to my Blog!

This was originally intended for those who have AML & stumbled across my blog in their search for information or survivors. I also used this to keep in touch with the real world, my support system was vital in my recovery and I also used it to sustain some form of sanity. I am a realist, and I have learned this has been and always will be a fight for my life. The initial leukemia battle is still here in the archives for all my fellow AML Warriors. There is so much information and no one wants to tell you. If you are just starting your treatment you may not even think to ask questions just because you are so sick. Please checkout my archives but start back in September 2008 and work your way towards today. There is a lot to read and a ton of type-o's, but it is all there the good the bad and the ugly. I challenged the Doc's, I always asked questions and pushed them for answers even if I did not like them. The Docs are not used to that so if you can, I encourage you to challenge them. They need to remember that although you are very sick you are not dead! My Blog content has morphed over the years. It's all about my life experiences, definitely my opinions and the lifelong impacts of the disease that pop up from time to time. I am a Gen Xer & I have a lot to say about everything. Rarely do I hold back or turn on a sensitivity sensor. I post regularly on Facebook nowadays just because it is faster. I welcome your comments, questions or feedback.





Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October 14, 2008

It felt so good to sleep in my own bed but I also felt bad because Marcus didn't sleep so good, every time I moved or moaned a little from my bones hurting he would ask me if I was ok, or if I needed anything. He was so tired in the morning, hopefully he will sleep better tonight.


Spike got to stay home with me all day. He thinks he is a lap dog, in a couple of months that is not happening, he will be to big. I did a little laundry & put things away in the bathroom. It felt weird to be able to do more than make my bed, shower & eat. I actually have options now.


Most of the day I spent taking Spike out to pee, he had me paranoid he would go in the house so every little sniff we were out the door. I forgot what it was like to have a puppy around.


Donnie called me to see if I was up for a small ride, Marc must have told him I was ticked when we pulled in yesterday & my bike was not at the house (I am sure that was their attempt to keep me off of it) so he came over to get me. As soon as he pulled in on my bike I knew something was different my bike sounded deeper. As he got closer I noticed my old air filter was off & in its place was a hyper charger!!! I about died right there I had been wanting one ever since I saw one for the first time earlier this spring but was holding off. So I was in shock i said who put this on, Donnie said I did, I asked him where it came from he said all the Missing link Chapters pitched in & bought it for me. I could not believe it. he said Pott's & Donnie talked about it & flowers would not do they thought this would be be better. I love it, I can't believe they did that for me, it is awesome & to all my Missing link brothers & sisters thank you so much!!!

I hoped on the back & we rode out to Donnie's house, Alan & Kim were there. We watched the other puppies play for a bit & then Alan & Donnie went with me on a short ride. Donnie made me see if I could hold my bike up & he tried to help me back it up but I got it on my own. I wore my helmet to like I promised. It was awesome it felt good to ride even tough I was a little nervous at first.
The kids came home & did their chores without to much fuss. Zack wanted to go for another bike ride so he rode & I walked. We had Misty's yummy nachos for dinner & everyone was just relaxing it was really nice. I go to Madison County tomorrow for my labs. I am anxious to see what the counts are, being home feels so much more healing than in the hospital.

3 comments:

Aunt Lynn said...

How cool Sandi, all those Missing Link members must think a lot of you to do that for you. I am very happy that you have so many good people in your life. Jusy wish I could be there to meet everyone and tell them all thank you in person., maybe someday. I'm also sure being at home is much more healing for you also, I'll be anxious to see those lab results myself. Take care Babe, I'll look forward to tomorrows post. I Love You!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi!

I am so happy for you:) I guess I better call and make sure you will be home and not out riding before I come over:) I will pray for your labs results to be what you want them to be.

Your Missing Link friends sound like an awesome bunch of people.

Talk to you soon!
Hugs
Paula

Unknown said...

hi sweetie, it sounds great for you to be home.you sound better. the riding worries me ,i just want you to be safe. i never could hold our harley up.lol it sounds like the puppy is feeling right at home.the peaceful evening with the kids must have been a true blessing.hope your labs go good at the other hospital.enjoy yourself.love,aunt bonnie

Sentimental Journey

2010 Family Pics

Moments in Time

Quotes

~~~~~~~
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body but, rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOoHOo! What a ride!!"
~~~~~~~
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
~~~~~~~
Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wiser.
~~~~~~~
If you are never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
~~~~~~~
Ask yourself: "What have I missed out on simply because I was too afraid of what others would think?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd rather have 30 seconds of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They call me Rooster

They call me Rooster
& Leukemia did not snuff this one!